Can't include c++ headers when compiling for pytorch

I hope the following question is not too basic, but I am somewhat new to C++ in general and am a bit lost right now.
I try to compile c++ code to use it as a module in PyTorch. The example from the CUSTOM C++ AND CUDA EXTENSIONS tutorial works just fine using OSX and clang. However, when I try to import headers from another folder using #include <includepath/Auxiliary/Array.h> with the following setup.py file

from setuptools import setup, Extension
from torch.utils import cpp_extension

setup(name='rotmat_cpp',
      ext_modules=[cpp_extension.CppExtension('function_cpp', ['function.cpp'],
                        include_dirs=['includepath/Basis', 'includepath/Auxiliary'])],
      cmdclass={'build_ext': cpp_extension.BuildExtension})

and folder structure

extensions
├── includepath/
│   ├── Auxiliary/
│   │   ├── Array.h
│   │   └── ...
│   └── Basis/
├── setup.py
├── function.cpp

I get the following error
error: 'includepath/Auxiliary/Array.h' file not found with <angled> include; use "quotes" instead.
It seems to include the files successfully if I change all <...> to "..."as suggested, but then I get problems with a namespace I am using and get an error after loading the compiled package into python afterwards.
I tried the same on my Ubuntu machine with gcc and get a slightly different error.

/media/Projects/extensions/function.cpp:1:10: fatal error: includepath/Auxiliary/Array.h: No such file or directory
 #include <includepath/Auxiliary/Array.h>
          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.

Trying to compile using JIT with the extra_include_paths options gives the same error.
How can I include folders to the compilers search path such that #include <includepath/…> works?