Changing layers of a pretrained model

Hi, I am new to the concept of transfer learning. I have one pretrained model with pth extension. This model trained with a lot of medical images and its purpose was segmentation. But I wanted to use the model for prediction. My purpose is to detect survival times for different patients from their MRI images. I thought that the model that can make segmentation can extract good features for survival times. So I wanted to load the pretrainedmodel.pth and delete some layers of this model and add some fully connected layers to it. First I don’t know how is it possible to get the layers of that pretrained model second I do not know how can I delete some of that pretrained model layers and add new layers to it. I am familiar with the freezing topic.
If you know the answer can you please explain with codes?

Assuming the stored file contains the trained state_dict of the model, you could create a new object of the model, load the state_dict, and use parts of your pretrained model in a new classification model.
Something like this should work:

# create object of pretrained model
pretrained_model = SegmentationModel(args)
# load state_dict
pretrained_model.load_state_dict(torch.load(path_to_state_dict))

# create object of new classification model
model = ClassificationModel(pretrained_model)
# in the class definition of Classification model pretrained_model's layers will be reused

I am a little confused so excuse me if I ask basic questions. What is SegmentaionModel and args in front of it?
I just could find a file on github it was segmentation.pth so I do not have any idea what is this model architecture. first I wanted to load this model second I wanted to understand what is architecture for example with something like model.summary we can find that it has 1 cnn 1 relu 1 pool 1 cnn 1 relu 1 global avg pool 1 flatten 1 fc. Then I wanted to delete 1 cnn 1 relu 1 global avg pool 1 flatten 1 fc from last layers of model and add some arbitrary layers to it. Now I have these problems:

1. How can understand the architecture of model(Code)
  2. How can delete last layers(Code)
  3. How can add new layers(Code)
    When you explained the answer you made two objects of two classes : SegmentationModel and
    ClassificationModel. But what are these classes?