Error in training inception-v3

I have a model that was written using models from torchvision and I wanna test the performance with inception-v3. However, with the same model structure and imput images (size 224 x 224), I got the following error.

RuntimeError: Calculated padded input size per channel: (3 x 3). Kernel size: (5 x 5). Kernel size can't be greater than actual input size at /pytorch/aten/src/THNN/generic/SpatialConvolutionMM.c:50

Any thoughts on how to fix this? Thanks!

1 Like

Inception-v3 needs an input shape of [batch_size, 3, 299, 299] instead of [..., 224, 224].
You could up-/resample your images to the needed size and try it again.

6 Likes

Thanks! Any idea on why we designed Inception-v3 with 300 x 300 images while others normally with 224 x 224?

I assume Szegedy et al. got better results increasing the resolution for the variants of the Inception model.
As far as I remember they used 224 in their first version and switched to 299 in their Rethinking the Inception Architecture paper.

2 Likes

Hi ,
I have got another error saying
AttributeError: 'InceptionOutputs' object has no attribute 'log_softmax'
In incpetion_v3 pretrained model. Help!! :

InceptionOutputs contains the .logits and aux_logits attribute, so you would need to index one of these tensors to call .log_softmax on it.

1 Like

How , I have tried to make it false

for name, param in model_transfer.named_parameters():

if(name != 'fc.weight'):

param.requires_grad = False

param.aux_logits = False

Param.logits = False

return same error, even used Nll loss got error
AttributeError: 'InceptionOutputs' object has no attribute 'dim'

How can i make would index one of these tensors to call

.logits is an attribute of the output:

out = model(torch.randn(2, 3, 299, 299))
out.logits.log_softmax(1)

If you don’t want to use the aux_logits, then set aux_logits=False in the instantiation of the model.

3 Likes

Hi ,
I have got another error saying
AttributeError: 'InceptionOutputs' object has no attribute 'size'
In incpetion_v3 pretrained model. I am using focal loss which works well on other models. focal loss code is here

`def focal_loss(targets,logits,eps,l):
`    ce_loss = torch.nn.functional.binary_cross_entropy_with_logits(logits, targets, reduction= 'none')
`    pt = torch.exp(-ce_loss)
`    loss = (eps * (1-pt)**l * ce_loss).mean()
`    return loss

Please need help. It throws error on ce_loss statement

InceptionOutputs is a namedtuple, which contains the attributes .logits and .aux_logits, so you would probably want to pass output.logits to your loss function.

2 Likes
x = x.view(batch_size,timesteps,-1)

AttributeError: ‘InceptionOutputs’ object has no attribute ‘view’
I need Help

Does my previous message address this issue?
As you can see, IndeptionOutput contains attributes, which you would need to access first.