Failed to build pytorch on ppc64le

Because pytorch do not have binary version for ppc64le, I build it from source.
I fix some dependency like a guide in ibm website. It figure out that mkl do not need on ppc64le and I also compile magma to fit the dependency.
By the way, I use anaconda3 as the environment and install numpy, cmake, pyyaml and cffi from conda with python3.6.
After I run the command “python setup.py install”, the program show the error information like that:
– Using python found in /root/anaconda3/envs/pytorch/bin/python
CMake Error at src/ATen/cpu/cpuinfo/CMakeLists.txt:51 (MESSAGE):
Unrecognized CMAKE_SYSTEM_PROCESSOR = ppc64le

No.51 and 50 row in that file is:
ELSEIF(NOT CMAKE_SYSTEM_PROCESSOR MATCHES “^(i686|AMD64|x86_64|armv5te|armv7|armv7f|armv7s|armv7k|armv7-a|armv7l|arm64|aarch64)$”)
MESSAGE(FATAL_ERROR “Unrecognized CMAKE_SYSTEM_PROCESSOR = ${CMAKE_SYSTEM_PROCESSOR}”)

I add ppc64le into the MATCH array like this:
ELSEIF(NOT CMAKE_SYSTEM_PROCESSOR MATCHES “^(i686|AMD64|x86_64|armv5te|armv7|armv7f|armv7s|armv7k|armv7-a|armv7l|arm64|aarch64|ppc64le)$”)

The compiling also failed. The hint is:
/root/pytorch/aten/src/ATen/cpu/cpuinfo/src/init.c: In function ‘cpuinfo_initialize’:
/root/pytorch/aten/src/ATen/cpu/cpuinfo/src/init.c:50:3: error: #error Unsupported target architecture
#error Unsupported target architecture
^
src/ATen/cpu/cpuinfo/CMakeFiles/cpuinfo.dir/build.make:62: recipe for target ‘src/ATen/cpu/cpuinfo/CMakeFiles/cpuinfo.dir/src/init.c.o’ failed
make[2]: *** [src/ATen/cpu/cpuinfo/CMakeFiles/cpuinfo.dir/src/init.c.o] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:376: recipe for target ‘src/ATen/cpu/cpuinfo/CMakeFiles/cpuinfo.dir/all’ failed
make[1]: *** [src/ATen/cpu/cpuinfo/CMakeFiles/cpuinfo.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs…
Scanning dependencies of target tbb_static

[ 12%] Building CXX object src/ATen/cpu/tbb/CMakeFiles/tbb_static.dir/tbb_remote/src/tbb/task_group_context.cpp.o
[ 12%] Built target aten_files_are_generated
[ 12%] Linking CXX static library libtbb_static.a
[ 12%] Built target tbb_static
Makefile:129: recipe for target ‘all’ failed
make: *** [all] Error 2

I don’t know why the problem happens.
Cmake in anaconda support ppc64le, but the configuration in CMakeLists shows that ppc64le is not supported.
Does pytorch support the architecture?

I’m having the exact same issue. Would he great if someone can help or suggest a way to build without cpu support since we are only using Volta GPUs

The cpuinfo requirement has been fixed, it now only gives a warning and not a build error. However there is another build error due to mavx and mavx2 flags being included in the build. The community said they will fix that soon. In the meantime as a workaround:
edit the file

change line 55 from :
LIST(APPEND CPU_CAPABILITY_FLAGS “-O3” “-O3 -mavx” “-O3 -mavx2”)
to
LIST(APPEND CPU_CAPABILITY_FLAGS “-O3” “-O3” “-O3”)

thanks for your reply. I will try.