Per sample-pixel gradient for segmentation

I’m doing an image segmentation task here and I’m trying to give weights to gradients in such a way that some resulting pixels on different pictures are going to have a different weight. Because, some parts of the images are irrelevant to me and I don’t want to bother the net with learning stuff that isn’t important. In Keras I could get around by using sample_weight with sample_weight_mode = "temporal", in PyTorch, it seems like the only relatively easy way to do that that I’ve found so far is by using hooks, something like

class MyModel(nn.Module):
	def __init__(self):
		super(MyModel, self).__init__()
		self.seq	=	nn.Sequential	(
										nn.Conv2d( 1 , 8 , 3 , padding=1)	,
										nn.BatchNorm2d( int(8) )			,
										nn.ReLU( inplace=True )				,
										nn.Conv2d( 8 , 1 , 3 , padding=1)	,
										)

def forward(self, input):
		output = self.seq(input)
		return output

def hookFunc(module, grad_in, grad_out):
    return (grad_in[0] * appropriate_array, grad_in[1], grad_in[2])

model.seq[-1].register_backward_hook(hookFunc)

loss_fn		=	BCEWithLogitsLoss()

for input, target in rand_loader:
	optimizer.zero_grad()
	input_var	=	Variable( input.cuda()  )
	target_var	=	Variable( target.cuda() )
	output		=	model( input_var )
	loss		=	loss_fn(output, target_var)
	loss.backward()
	optimizer.step()

But then I only change the gradients of the loss to influence what goes above the module (layer) that register_backward_hook is attached to, seems like the gradients of the weights of the last conv module are already calculated at this point, I can only change them if I’ll send something else instead of grad_in[1], which means recalculating gradients of the weights, as far as I understand. I’m guessing there’s gotta be a better way then recalculating those weights. Any hint at how to influence those per-pixel-sample loss values before it propagated to any weights will be appreciated. Sorry if I confused some terminology, like losses and gradients, or made no sense in some other way. =)

As far as I understood from the source code (and tested), somewhat contrary to what’s stated in the docs, I can set loss weights to be per-sample-pixel. Same dimensions as the output.