Process doesn't exit after enumerate dataloader

Hi

I init 2 processes on 2 GPU with the followin code

command is:
CUDA_VISIBLE_DEVICES=4,5 WORLD_SIZE=2 python -m torch.distributed.launch --nproc_per_node=2 --master_port 44744 train.py

after executing the above command, 2 processes will not exit.
图片

if I comment out the for loop to enumerate loader_eval in the following code, 2 processes could successfully exit.
if I un-comment out the for loop to enumerate loader_eval in the following code, 2 processes could not exit.

is there any way to check where the process is pending? or how to check where the process is pending?

is there anything wrong with my code?
how to make those processes exit after the code finalized?

if args.distributed:
	torch.cuda.set_device(args.local_rank)
	torch.distributed.init_process_group(backend='nccl', init_method='env://')
	args.world_size = torch.distributed.get_world_size()
	args.rank = torch.distributed.get_rank()
	logger_trainer_pim.info('----------> world_size == {}, rank=={}, local_rank == {}, gpu index =={}'.format(args.world_size, args.rank, args.local_rank, args.device.index))
	logger_trainer_pim.info('Training in distributed mode with multiple processes, 1 GPU per process. Process %d, total %d.' % (args.rank, args.world_size))
else:
	logger_trainer_pim.info('Training with a single process on 1 GPU.')
assert args.rank >= 0

dataset_eval = create_dataset(
            args.dataset, root=args.data_validate_dir, split=args.val_split, is_training=False, batch_size=args.batch_size)

loader_eval = create_loader(
	dataset_eval,
	input_size=data_config['input_size'],
	batch_size=args.validation_batch_size_multiplier * args.batch_size,
	is_training=False,
	use_prefetcher=args.prefetcher,
	interpolation=data_config['interpolation'],
	mean=data_config['mean'],
	std=data_config['std'],
	num_workers=args.num_workers,
	distributed=args.distributed,
	crop_pct=data_config['crop_pct'],
	pin_memory=args.pin_mem,
)

print('------------------------------------------>')
print(args)
for batch_idx, (input, target) in enumerate(loader_eval):
	if batch_idx>=1: break
print('-------------------------> enumerate loader_eval done.')

return {"init": 0.888, "final": 1}

You are setting world_size=2 and have nproc_per_node=2 so you actually have 4 processes total. For each of the nodes, it looks like you are setting the device to local_rank then spawning 2 subprocesses to load the data. I don’t see anything off about what you are doing but just wanted to make sure that was what was intended.

I am not able to run the example you provided due to missing arg parsing, imports, etc. Do you have a sample script I can run locally to reproduce the error?