[Resolved] Master branch won't compile?

I’m trying to update my installation from source. I’ve tried the most recent master branch as well as the v0.2.0 branch.
My system is Ubuntu 14.04, Python 2.6, Cuda 8.0, I’m using anaconda where I’ve installed the dependencies.
Both times I get the errors:

/home/rakelly/pytorch/torch/lib/THCUNN/generic/SpatialFullConvolution.cu(18): error: identifier “THNN_CudaHalfSpatialFullDilatedConvolution_updateOutput” is undefined

9 errors detected in the compilation of “/tmp/tmpxft_00006874_00000000-7_SpatialFullConvolution.cpp1.ii”.
CMake Error at THCUNN_generated_SpatialFullConvolution.cu.o.cmake:267 (message):
Error generating file
/home/rakelly/pytorch/torch/lib/build/THCUNN/CMakeFiles/THCUNN.dir//./THCUNN_generated_SpatialFullConvolution.cu.o

make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/THCUNN.dir/THCUNN_generated_SpatialFullConvolution.cu.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs…
/home/rakelly/pytorch/torch/lib/THCUNN/generic/VolumetricFullConvolution.cu(17): error: identifier “THNN_CudaHalfVolumetricFullDilatedConvolution_updateOutput” is undefined

9 errors detected in the compilation of “/tmp/tmpxft_000068fd_00000000-7_VolumetricFullConvolution.cpp1.ii”.
CMake Error at THCUNN_generated_VolumetricFullConvolution.cu.o.cmake:267 (message):
Error generating file
/home/rakelly/pytorch/torch/lib/build/THCUNN/CMakeFiles/THCUNN.dir//./THCUNN_generated_VolumetricFullConvolution.cu.o

make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/THCUNN.dir/THCUNN_generated_VolumetricFullConvolution.cu.o] Error 1
/home/rakelly/pytorch/torch/lib/THCUNN/LookupTableBag.cu(18): warning: variable “MODE_SUM” was declared but never referenced

/home/rakelly/pytorch/torch/lib/THCUNN/LookupTableBag.cu(18): warning: variable “MODE_SUM” was declared but never referenced

make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/THCUNN.dir/all] Error 2

Try “python setup.py clean”, and rebuild the system after that. This solved my problem.

2 Likes