RNN giving CUDNN_STATUS_SUCCESS Error

I have a RNN model that throws this strange exception. I am using PyTorch 0.4 since this is an old code and I am still trying to upgrade it (still would really like to have it running for comparison).

I have CUDA 10.1 installed and it seems only the LSTM based model is causing issues. Any help would be highly appreciated.

self.lang_model.cuda()
  File "/home/chinmay/Desktop/setup/3dsis/lib/python3.6/site-packages/torch/nn/modules/module.py", line 258, in cuda
    return self._apply(lambda t: t.cuda(device))
  File "/home/chinmay/Desktop/setup/3dsis/lib/python3.6/site-packages/torch/nn/modules/module.py", line 185, in _apply
    module._apply(fn)
  File "/home/chinmay/Desktop/setup/3dsis/lib/python3.6/site-packages/torch/nn/modules/rnn.py", line 112, in _apply
    self.flatten_parameters()
  File "/home/chinmay/Desktop/setup/3dsis/lib/python3.6/site-packages/torch/nn/modules/rnn.py", line 105, in flatten_parameters
    self.batch_first, bool(self.bidirectional))
RuntimeError: CuDNN error: CUDNN_STATUS_SUCCESS

Could you update to the latest stable PyTorch version (1.5.1) and post a code snippet to reproduce this issue, please?

Hi @ptrblck the issue does not happen with the latest version of PyTorch it is just that I have an older code and I am still working on porting it. However, interestingly, I found an old issue which suggests that we should try and put the model on CUDA twice and I was able to get it to work (5 minutes before your message :slightly_smiling_face: ).