RuntimeError: thnn_conv2d_forward is not implemented for type torch.ByteTensor

(Wanger Sjtu) #1
Traceback (most recent call last):                                                                                
File "train.py", line 155, in <module>                                                                          
main()                                                                                                        
File "train.py", line 150, in main                                                                              
trainer.train()                                                                                               
File "C:\myFile\code\image_scene_classification\CH\model\trainer.py", line 314, in train                        
self.train_epoch()                                                                                            
File "C:\myFile\code\image_scene_classification\CH\model\trainer.py", line 228, in train_epoch                  
self.validate()                                                                                               
File "C:\myFile\code\image_scene_classification\CH\model\trainer.py", line 123, in validate                     
output = self.model(inputs)                                                                                   
File "C:\Users\chmtt\Anaconda3\envs\SCENE\lib\site-packages\torch\nn\modules\module.py", line 491, in __call__  
result = self.forward(*input, **kwargs)                                                                       
File "C:\Users\chmtt\Anaconda3\envs\SCENE\lib\site-packages\torchvision\models\alexnet.py", line 43, in forward 
x = self.features(x)                                                                                          
File "C:\Users\chmtt\Anaconda3\envs\SCENE\lib\site-packages\torch\nn\modules\module.py", line 491, in __call__  
File "C:\Users\chmtt\Anaconda3\envs\SCENE\lib\site-packages\torch\nn\modules\container.py", line 91, in forward 
input = module(input)                                                                                         
File "C:\Users\chmtt\Anaconda3\envs\SCENE\lib\site-packages\torch\nn\modules\conv.py", line 301, in forward     
self.padding, self.dilation, self.groups)                                                                     
RuntimeError: thnn_conv2d_forward is not implemented for type torch.ByteTensor  

and my code is

// this is for get the file_path
model_path = load_model_from_name('alexnet')

model= torch.load(model_path)

the output is gotten when call model(inputs)

(Alban D) #2

The problem is that the input you give to your network is of type ByteTensor while only float operations are implemented for conv like operations.

(Wanger Sjtu) #3

Thanks. I review my code again.

(Brijraj Singh) #4

I’m getting the same error, Could you tell how did you fix it?

(Naman Jain) #5

Basically you just need to change the type similar to how explaing in this link

Just try this

a = a.type('torch.DoubleTensor') # for converting to double tensor (cpu)

(Brijraj Singh) #6

Thanks, I could fix it following the given help.