Unsupported operation: some elements of the input tensor and the written-to tensor refer to a single memory location

Hy guys, I am having a runtime error with libtorch. I am getting a video stream and I want to get the probability out for my classification problem. The program runs for the first 4/5 frames and then it crashes.

This is what I am doing:

void MyClass::prob(const cv::Mat& img, const bool cuda){
    torch::Tensor img_tensor = torch::from_blob(img.clone().data, { 1, 1, img.rows, img.cols }, torch::kByte);
    img_tensor = img_tensor.to(torch::kFloat) / 255;

bool use_cuda = cuda && torch::cuda::is_available();
    torch::DeviceType device_type;
    if (use_cuda)
        device_type = torch::kCUDA;
    else
        device_type = torch::kCPU;

torch::Device device(device_type);
    _model->to(device);
    img_tensor = img_tensor.set_requires_grad(false);

auto out = _model->forward(img_tensor.to(device));
    _mProb = out[0].squeeze(0); // writing to a field [H, W] 
}

It seems that the error refers to a to function, input tensor and memory location. I just started with pytorch and I’ve seen examples that seems to do the same. Don’t know what can be wrong. I attach the error trace that may be interesting:

what():  unsupported operation: some elements of the input tensor and the written-to tensor refer to a single memory location. Please clone() the tensor before performing the operation.
Exception raised from assert_no_partial_overlap at ../aten/src/ATen/MemoryOverlap.cpp:75 (most recent call first):
frame #0: c10::Error::Error(c10::SourceLocation, std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >) + 0x69 (0x7f9798b88b89 in /home/ldg/source/libraries/libtorch/lib/libc10.so)
frame #1: <unknown function> + 0xb24bb2 (0x7f9788759bb2 in /home/ldg/source/libraries/libtorch/lib/libtorch_cpu.so)
frame #2: at::TensorIterator::compute_mem_overlaps(at::TensorIteratorConfig const&) + 0xc5 (0x7f9788c425e5 in /home/ldg/source/libraries/libtorch/lib/libtorch_cpu.so)
frame #3: at::TensorIterator::build(at::TensorIteratorConfig&) + 0x4e (0x7f9788c4b4ce in /home/ldg/source/libraries/libtorch/lib/libtorch_cpu.so)
frame #4: at::TensorIterator::TensorIterator(at::TensorIteratorConfig&) + 0xdd (0x7f9788c4bc9d in /home/ldg/source/libraries/libtorch/lib/libtorch_cpu.so)
frame #5: <unknown function> + 0xd3f173 (0x7f9788974173 in /home/ldg/source/libraries/libtorch/lib/libtorch_cpu.so)
frame #6: at::native::copy_(at::Tensor&, at::Tensor const&, bool) + 0x53 (0x7f9788976093 in /home/ldg/source/libraries/libtorch/lib/libtorch_cpu.so)
frame #7: at::Tensor& c10::Dispatcher::callWithDispatchKey<at::Tensor&, at::Tensor&, at::Tensor const&, bool>(c10::TypedOperatorHandle<at::Tensor& (at::Tensor&, at::Tensor const&, bool)> const&, c10::DispatchKey, at::Tensor&, at::Tensor const&, bool) const + 0x1e7 (0x7f97891665d7 in /home/ldg/source/libraries/libtorch/lib/libtorch_cpu.so)
frame #8: at::Tensor::copy_(at::Tensor const&, bool) const + 0xcd (0x7f978928e0ed in /home/ldg/source/libraries/libtorch/lib/libtorch_cpu.so)
frame #9: <unknown function> + 0x32cecd8 (0x7f978af03cd8 in /home/ldg/source/libraries/libtorch/lib/libtorch_cpu.so)
frame #10: at::Tensor& c10::Dispatcher::callWithDispatchKey<at::Tensor&, at::Tensor&, at::Tensor const&, bool>(c10::TypedOperatorHandle<at::Tensor& (at::Tensor&, at::Tensor const&, bool)> const&, c10::DispatchKey, at::Tensor&, at::Tensor const&, bool) const + 0x1e7 (0x7f97891665d7 in /home/ldg/source/libraries/libtorch/lib/libtorch_cpu.so)
frame #11: at::Tensor::copy_(at::Tensor const&, bool) const + 0xcd (0x7f978928e0ed in /home/ldg/source/libraries/libtorch/lib/libtorch_cpu.so)
frame #12: at::native::to(at::Tensor const&, c10::ScalarType, bool, bool, c10::optional<c10::MemoryFormat>) + 0x2ff (0x7f9788c2039f in /home/ldg/source/libraries/libtorch/lib/libtorch_cpu.so)

I really appreciate some help,
Thanks for your time

Did you try to add the suggested clone() operation to the code?
E.g. start at the beginning by adding it to the torch::from_blob() operation and try to isolate the line of code, which raises the error.

Thanks for the suggestion, I’ve just add clone() and seems going well.