Userwarning: Numpy array not writable after coverting png image loaded using Pillow and tryping to covert to tensor

Seems the issue arose when converting to numpy array, is there a walk around to this instead making a copy of the array (since this will gave a huge overhead)?

The exact warning: UserWarning: The given NumPy array is not writeable, and PyTorch does not support non-writeable tensors. This means you can write to the underlying (supposedly non-writeable) NumPy array using the tensor. You may want to copy the array to protect its data or make it writeable before converting it to a tensor. This type of warning will be suppressed for the rest of this program. (Triggered internally at /pytorch/torch/csrc/utils/tensor_numpy.cpp:141.)

PS: used the recommended method for conversion: convert_image_dtype(pil_to_tensor(img)) but again the issue isn’t here but the fact that pytorch seems to not be using numpy.array(img) for conversion.

Hello! just came by your thread because I’m facing the exact same problem. In my past projects I did not have such issue but now I have it for some reason… Did you find a solution to this?