About lr_schedule.StepLR 's parameter

In my denoising work, I use torch.optim.lr_scheduler.StepLR to adjust learning rate. But it seems different between scheduler.step() and scheduler.step(ave_train_loss) that I called in each training epoch’s end.
After training,I test both two models in same images, and get following result:

Figures in left and right are using scheduler.step() and scheduler.step(ave_train_loss) respectively. I repeat several times to train and test in same situations, but get almost the same results.

I don’t find something interpretable about this question in source code. I think it should be no effect in StepLR scheduler when calling scheduler.step() with a parameter

class _LRScheduler(object):
 def step(self, epoch=None):
        # Raise a warning if old pattern is detected
        # https://github.com/pytorch/pytorch/issues/20124
        if self._step_count == 1:
            if not hasattr(self.optimizer.step, "_with_counter"):
                warnings.warn("Seems like `optimizer.step()` has been overridden after learning rate scheduler "
                              "initialization. Please, make sure to call `optimizer.step()` before "
                              "`lr_scheduler.step()`. See more details at "
                              "https://pytorch.org/docs/stable/optim.html#how-to-adjust-learning-rate", UserWarning)

# Just check if there were two first lr_scheduler.step() calls before optimizer.step()
            elif self.optimizer._step_count < 1:
                warnings.warn("Detected call of `lr_scheduler.step()` before `optimizer.step()`. "
                              "In PyTorch 1.1.0 and later, you should call them in the opposite order: "
                              "`optimizer.step()` before `lr_scheduler.step()`.  Failure to do this "
                              "will result in PyTorch skipping the first value of the learning rate schedule. "
                              "See more details at "
                              "https://pytorch.org/docs/stable/optim.html#how-to-adjust-learning-rate", UserWarning)
        self._step_count += 1

main of my code is following

#  optimizer and scheduler
    optimizer = torch.optim.Adam(model.parameters(), lr=1e-3)
    scheduler = torch.optim.lr_scheduler.StepLR(optimizer, step_size=50, gamma=0.5)
    if train_mode:
        for epoch in range(1000):
            ave_train_loss = 0
            model.train()
            for i, (image, label) in enumerate(train_loader):
                optimizer.zero_grad()
                image = image.to(device)
                label = label.to(device)
                output = model(image)
                full_loss = critetion(output, label)
                full_loss.backward()
                optimizer.step()
                ave_train_loss += image.size()[0] * full_loss.item()
            ave_train_loss /= len(train_dataset)
            scheduler.step(ave_train_loss)

If you are passing the epoch argument to StepLR, it will be ste in this line of code and used to calculate the learning rate here.

Since you are passing the average training loss, this should influence your learning rate scheduler.