ammo.torch.quantization

I want to use the quantization on my custom LLM model, in my my quantization.py

import torch
from torch.utils.data import DataLoader, TensorDataset
import ammo.torch.quantization as atq
import numpy as np

config = atq.FP8_DEFAULT_CFG
model = torch.load("model.pt")
calibration_Data = torch.from_numpy(np.load("data.npy"))
calib_dataloader= DataLoader(calibration_Data, batch_size=10, shuffle=False)
def calibrate_loop():
    for data_c in calib_dataloader:
        model(input_1=data_c) 
with torch.no_grad():
    atq.quantize(model, config, forward_loop=calibrate_loop)

I got the following output/error, any ideas how to fix that?

Replaced 54 modules to quantized modules
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "quantization.py", line 22, in
atq.quantize(model, config, forward_loop=calibrate_loop)
File "/lib/python3.10/dist-packages/ammo/torch/quantization/model_quant.py", line 112, in quantize
calibrate(model, config["algorithm"], forward_loop=forward_loop)
File "ammo/torch/quantization/model_calib.py", line 63, in ammo.torch.quantization.model_calib.calibrate
File "/lib/python3.10/dist-packages/torch/utils/_contextlib.py", line 115, in decorate_context
return func(*args, **kwargs)
File "ammo/torch/quantization/model_calib.py", line 73, in ammo.torch.quantization.model_calib.max_calibrate
File "quantization.py", line 19, in calibrate_loop
model(input_1=data_c)
File "/lib/python3.10/dist-packages/torch/fx/graph_module.py", line 736, in call_wrapped
return self._wrapped_call(self, *args, **kwargs)
File "/lib/python3.10/dist-packages/torch/fx/graph_module.py", line 315, in **call**
raise e
File "/lib/python3.10/dist-packages/torch/fx/graph_module.py", line 302, in **call**
return super(self.cls, obj).**call**(*args, **kwargs)
File "/lib/python3.10/dist-packages/torch/nn/modules/module.py", line 1510, in _wrapped_call_impl
return self._call_impl(*args, **kwargs)
File "/lib/python3.10/dist-packages/torch/nn/modules/module.py", line 1519, in _call_impl
return forward_call(*args, **kwargs)
File "<eval_with_key>.1 from <eval_with_key>.0:10 in forward", line 1625, in forward
File "/lib/python3.10/dist-packages/torch/nn/modules/module.py", line 1510, in _wrapped_call_impl
return self._call_impl(*args, **kwargs)
File "/lib/python3.10/dist-packages/torch/nn/modules/module.py", line 1519, in _call_impl
File "/lib/python3.10/dist-packages/onnx2torch/node_converters/reduce.py", line 158, in forward
return torch.sum(input_tensor, dim=self._axes, keepdim=self._keepdims)
TypeError: sum() received an invalid combination of arguments - got (Tensor, keepdim=int, dim=list), but expected one of:

* (Tensor input, *, torch.dtype dtype)
didn't match because some of the keywords were incorrect: keepdim, dim
* (Tensor input, tuple of ints dim, bool keepdim, *, torch.dtype dtype, Tensor out)
* (Tensor input, tuple of names dim, bool keepdim, *, torch.dtype dtype, Tensor out)

System Info

• Nvidia GPUs H100
  • python3.10
  • ammo version 0.7.3
  • torch 2.2.0a0+81ea7a4

Based on the error message it seems the keepdim argument was wrongly passed as an int. If the error comes from the library, could you post an issue in the corresponding GitHub repository?

where do you mean keepdim argument should be passed here? It can’t be passed in the calibration_loop, if passed then will get:

/lib/python3.10/dist-packages/torch/nn/modules/module.py", line 1519, in _call_impl
TypeError: forward() got an unexpected keyword argument 'keepdim'

From the stacktrace:

File "/lib/python3.10/dist-packages/onnx2torch/node_converters/reduce.py", line 158, in forward
return torch.sum(input_tensor, dim=self._axes, keepdim=self._keepdims)
TypeError: sum() received an invalid combination of arguments - got (Tensor, keepdim=int, dim=list), but expected one of:

the torch.sum operation fails as self._keepdims is wrong coming from onnx2torch.

would you have any idea how to fix that?

It seems this is a known issue and tracked here. However, I don’t see any movement in the issue so you might need to fix it manually by converting the passed int to a bool in /lib/python3.10/dist-packages/onnx2torch/node_converters/reduce.py.

Many thanks @ptrblck . I am also using return torch.sum(input_tensor, dim=self._axes, keepdim=bool(self._keepdims)) but everytime I make a change then a lot of other scripts need to be adapted. For instance I am now getting issues in onnx2torch/node_converters/gather.py in the slicing I am not sure why

return input_tensor[slice_for_take]
IndexError: index 4 is out of bounds for dimension 0 with size 3

Would you have any idea how to fix that?