Assistance Required with ABSA-PyTorch Repository Execution

I hope this message finds you all well. I am writing to request your assistance with running the ABSA-PyTorch repository.

While attempting to execute the repository, I encountered an issue that necessitated a modification in the lcf_bert.py script. Specifically, I adjusted an import statement, which subsequently led to an error indicating that a string was being passed to nn.Dropout instead of the expected tensor. This issue may be stemming from the fact that I was unable to install the exact versions of the required packages as specified in the repository.

I would greatly appreciate your guidance on how to resolve this issue, particularly whether it is related to the specific package versions or if there might be another underlying problem. Your expertise and advice would be invaluable in helping me navigate this challenge. Here is my attempt. I tried it on google colab as I do not have a GPU on my laptop.

Thank you very much for your time and assistance.

The issue isn’t caused by a mismatch between libraries, but by the actual usage in the dropout layer.
I’m not familiar with the repository, but would assume tensors are expected as inputs while you might be passing strings?

1 Like

Thanks so much for your helpful reply. Really appreciate.