Cannot import pytorch afther installation

Hello,
I decided to install pytorch on my desktop. For this I looked up pytorch site and ran the following recommended command in my Anaconda prompt:

conda install pytorch torchvision torchaudio cpuonly -c pytorch

All went fine.
I followed it by conda update --all and conda clean --all.
Then I tried in my jupyter notebook:

import tensorflow as tf
import torch

And I got an error message:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
OSError                                   Traceback (most recent call last)
~\AppData\Local\Temp\ipykernel_15588\2142308364.py in <module>
      1 import tensorflow as tf
      2 import pandas as pd
----> 3 import torch

~\miniconda3\lib\site-packages\torch\__init__.py in <module>
    126                 err = ctypes.WinError(last_error)
    127                 err.strerror += f' Error loading "{dll}" or one of its dependencies.'
--> 128                 raise err
    129             elif res is not None:
    130                 is_loaded = True

OSError: [WinError 182] The operating system cannot run %1. Error loading "C:\Users\mathe\miniconda3\lib\site-packages\torch\lib\shm.dll" or one of its dependencies.

I’ve tried a number of things since then. I updated conda, re-install tensoflow and pytorch and updated everything again, tried import in Spyder, just in case, and re-start my desktop. I still get the same mistake. The installation-import works on my Ubuntu 18 laptop, so I believe that it is Windows problem.
I use conda for consistency. Quite often I work with students and clients, and they prefer conda.
This is a base conda environment and not my created environment.
Best regards,
Mya

Hello,
thanks for your reply. What tensors do you mean? Because there are no tensors mentioned in the error message.

I would ignore the previous message as it seems to come from a bot posting unrelated questions/answers and I’ve deleted it.

For your issue: could you check what the missing dependency in the dll is?
I’m not deeply familiar with Windows, but maybe dumpbin /dependents PATH...\shm.dll could help.

@myabakhova, I’m using a windows version and conda environment, facing a similar issue. Could you please suggest me on how you got it resolved?

Hello Niraj,
nothing fancy, I rebooted my computer and the problem was resolved.