Conficts with pytorch torchvision and torchaudio

Hi all !

I’m trying to install pytorch using the following command as recommended to use mps

conda install pytorch torchvision torchaudio -c pytorch-nightly

and the command returns this error :

PackagesNotFoundError: The following packages are not available from current channels:

- torchaudio

I don’t need torchaudio. So I tried to run :

conda install pytorch torchvision -c pytorch-nightly

And I have this error :

UnsatisfiableError: The following specifications were found to be incompatible with each other:

Output in format: Requested package -> Available versions

Package pytorch conflicts for:
pytorch
torchvision -> pytorch==1.13.0.dev20220607

What do I have to do to fix this issue ?

Thanks

Maybe uninstall all previous versions first and then rerun the install command.
Alternatively, create a new virtual environment and try to install PyTorch and torchvision there.
It also seems you are not using any command from the website so you might want to add e.g. the missing cudatoolkit in case this would be the next issue.

Hi ptrblck,

Thank you for your help but I already use a clean environment and I don’t understand your response because I have followed the website’s commands step by step.
The exception is that I didn’t install Anaconda as the website says because it was already install on my computer. Is the Anaconda version important for the new version of pytorch ?

Moreover, why do I need the cudatoolkit if the M1 doen’t use cuda but mps ?

Thanks

Oh sorry I missed the mps part. I believe you would need to install the nightly binaries for the mps support and I don’t know if all sublibraries are already available (PyTorch should be there at least).

No problem,

Yes, that’s what I’m trying to install. It seems that the module was update during the week end because it seems to work now.

Thank you for your help.