Converting Deeplabv3 for inference

Hi,

I have finetuned DeepLabv3 model for a custom dataset.

I converted the trained model to a jit model using torch.jit.script() and the model worked fine and gave the desired output during inference. But when I try to convert the same model again to jit, the results are undesirable during inference and looks completely poles apart.

I am new to jit, so trying to figure out things.

The model was trained on 2 GPUs, then convert to a single model GPU, then tried converting it to jit.

Could you explain how you are concerting the model again? Are you calling torch.jit.script on the already scripted model?

I am calling the torch.jit.script on a loaded state dict, one time was almost a month ago and once today on the same pretrained model, I printed the weights of model they to vary

I am not calling torch.jit.script on a scripted model

In that case the state_dict seems to have changed and you should check it.

I am converting from a multigpu (nn.DataParallel) model to single gpu model by this method:

for key in deeplab_model:
new_key = key.replace(‘module.’, ‘’)
new_state_dict[new_key] = deeplab_model[new_key]

Is this right way to do?

It looks correct and model.load_state_dict will also fail if you have mismatching keys.

This is the inference on the multigpu model

This is the output on the single GPU model

Both the outputs are before converting to a jit model. So, I think converting from multi gpu to single gpu is causing the issue. Is there a way to convert a multigpu model to single gpu other than the above mentioned way?

Found this post.

Will try this method, and let you know if it works

Using the above mentioned way to convert nn.Dataparallel to single gpu model works consistently compared to the key replacement in the state_dict. Now I am able to get desired solution and indeed the issue is with the state_dict as foreseen by @ptrblck