self.dim = dimension

def forward(self, x):
        return torch.cat(x, dim=self.dim)

But I got the following error:

RuntimeError:
Arguments for call are not valid.
The following variants are available:
aten::cat(Tensor tensors, int dim=0) → (Tensor):
Expected a value of type ‘List[Tensor]’ for argument ‘tensors’ but instead found type ‘Tensor (inferred)’.
Inferred the value for argument ‘tensors’ to be of type ‘Tensor’ because it was not annotated with an explicit type.

aten::cat.names(Tensor tensors, str dim) → (Tensor):
Expected a value of type ‘List[Tensor]’ for argument ‘tensors’ but instead found type ‘Tensor (inferred)’.
Inferred the value for argument ‘tensors’ to be of type ‘Tensor’ because it was not annotated with an explicit type.

aten::cat.names_out(Tensor tensors, str dim, *, Tensor(a!) out) → (Tensor(a!)):

aten::cat.out(Tensor tensors, int dim=0, *, Tensor(a!) out) → (Tensor(a!)):

I am using PyTorch version 1.7.1+cu92, and Python 3.7.6. Is it related to this bug?

TorchScript is a statically-typed language, and, in most cases, we’re forced to infer untyped variables to be instances of torch.Tensor. (One of our projects this half is improving our type inference.) An easy fix is to simply annotate the relevant variables with their correct type.

def forward(self, x: List[torch.Tensor]):
    return torch.cat(x, dim=self.dim)
3 Likes

Thank you it is fixed by your proposal.

1 Like

Thank you, it solved my problem too.