Eval the saved qat model get a different results with the results in training processing

Hey, I am new to Quantization Aware Training using PyTorch. I have been trting to train a qat model for my “rknn devices” so I use ‘qnnpack’ during the training and eval processing. During training processing, the eval result is map=0.4, and during the individual eval processing, the eval result is 0.3, but I used the same eval dataset and eval codes. When I trying to do the expriments without Quantization Aware Training (Float model), th eval results is equal in the training processing and the individual eval processing. I wonder what is wrong here?

The traing codes are as follows:
net = mymodel()
checkpoint = torch.load(float_model_path)
net.load_state_dict(net, checkpoint)
net.qconfig = torch.quantization.get_default_qat_qconfig(‘qnnpack’)
torch.quantization.prepare_qat(self, inplace=True)
net.train()
‘’’
traing
‘’’
torch.quantization.convert(net.eval().cpu(), inplace=True)
torch.save(net.cpu().state_dict(), qat_model_path)
evaluate(net.eval().cpu(), … )

The individual eval codes are as follows:
net = mymodel().eval()
net.qconfig = torch.quantization.get_default_qat_qconfig(‘qnnpack’)
torch.quantization.prepare_qat(self, inplace=True)
torch.quantization.convert(net, inplace=True)
checkpoint = torch.load(qat_model_path, map_location=‘cpu’)
net.load_state_dict(checkpoint)
evaluate(net, … )

Both of these codes are run in my server with CentOS system and V100 GPUs. pytorch version: torch 1.7.0

Hi @shupinghu , welcome!

Why are you using torch.quantization.convert(net.eval().cpu(), inplace=True) instead of simply torch.quantization.convert(net, inplace=True)? net.eval().cpu() is a different object as net, so the inplace operation on net.eval().cpu() won’t actually change net

what’s your evaluation quantization engine?
Try to print torch.backends.quantized.engine on eval and train mode to see if they are matched.