Feed RAW or PNG images to neural network

Hi,
I have RAW images from a DSLR camera Canon (image.CR2). How can I feed my image into a neural network with input raw images of size 192X192x4 perhaps in .PNG format?

My images are 6000X4000, RGB, RAW file (.CR2).

Of course I need to convert my image in .PNG format, and I did, I tried to resize in 192X192 (but i don’t want to do that to not loose information, so I think would be better to split one image into severale parts of 192X192 size).

But, in any case, when I feed a 192X192 image, the error is this:

“Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users\ingen\Documents\raw2rgbnet\test-full.py”, line 91, in
output = infer(img)
File “C:\Users\ingen\Documents\raw2rgbnet\test-full.py”, line 71, in infer
output = model(im_pad_th)
File “C:\Users\ingen\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37\lib\site-packages\torch\nn\modules\module.py”, line 489, in call
result = self.forward(*input, **kwargs)
File “C:\Users\ingen\Documents\raw2rgbnet\models\full_mix3_deep_encoder_decoder.py”, line 141, in forward
fix_s = self.fix_path(fix_s)
File “C:\Users\ingen\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37\lib\site-packages\torch\nn\modules\module.py”, line 489, in call
File “C:\Users\ingen\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37\lib\site-packages\torch\nn\modules\container.py”, line 92, in forward
input = module(input)
File “C:\Users\ingen\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37\lib\site-packages\torch\nn\modules\conv.py”, line 320, in forward
self.padding, self.dilation, self.groups)
RuntimeError: Given groups=1, weight of size [32, 4, 3, 3], expected input[1, 3, 192, 192] to have 4 channels, but got 3 channels instead

Maybe the problem is the 4th channel?
If you need some code, ask me.

Thanks.

You could try to use e.g. rawpy to open the RAW images without transforming them into a particular (lossy) image format.

The error is raised since your conv layer expects an input image with 4 channels, while your input has 3 channels.
I guess you might expect the image files to have an additional alpha channel?
If that’s the case you should take a look at the image loading and processing and make sure this channel is also loaded.
Alternatively, change in_channels to 3 in the conv layer if you want to work with your current input tensors.

Thanks. Actually in this model I don’t know the nature of the additional channel, but in another model where I got nearly the same error, the owner answered me:“input raw images should be 4-channel Bayer images ([R, Gr, B, Gb]), not the 3-channel”, this is criptyc for me.

So, the BAYER CHANNEL is an alpha channel? I mean, if I add an alpha channel and the training is performed with the bayer channel, is it the same?

P.S. I tried to add the alpha channel, but the result (this is an enhancement image code) is an image with a huge PURPLE dominant.

There shouldn’t be a Bayer “channel”, but the Bayer filter mosaic is an arrangement of color filters used in digital image sensors.
It should contain a pattern of 50% green, 25% red and 25% blue pixels, thus the color format would be BGGR, RGBG, GRGB, or RGGB.
In that case 4 input channels might be expected. However, your current images seem to only contain 3 channels so you would have to check, if you are really reading the RAW images in this format.

I transformed with GIMP the raw format .CR2 in .PNG.
I think the node is here: the bayer channel, so I’m getting some informations about my camera (Canon EOS 2000D) and the bayer. I also thinking to use rawpy to read the images… I keep you update and very thanks for your answer!