Google Colab GPU RuntimeError: CUDA error: device-side assert triggered

Hello, I completed the Seq2Seq tutorial on the Pytorch website and I was trying a similar implementation for English to Hindi translation. I also started using Google Colab to see if I could train my models faster on their hardware. When I execute my code, this is the error I get-

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
RuntimeError                              Traceback (most recent call last)
<ipython-input-106-b033fca21b98> in <module>()
      3 print(f'Executing training on: {device}')
----> 4 encoder = EncoderRNN(english_lang.n_words, HIDDEN_DIM).to(device)
      5 decoder = DecoderRNN(HIDDEN_DIM, hindi_lang.n_words).to(device)

/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/torch/nn/modules/module.py in to(self, *args, **kwargs)
    379             return t.to(device, dtype if t.is_floating_point() else None, non_blocking)
--> 381         return self._apply(convert)
    383     def register_backward_hook(self, hook):

/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/torch/nn/modules/module.py in _apply(self, fn)
    185     def _apply(self, fn):
    186         for module in self.children():
--> 187             module._apply(fn)
    189         for param in self._parameters.values():

/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/torch/nn/modules/module.py in _apply(self, fn)
    191                 # Tensors stored in modules are graph leaves, and we don't
    192                 # want to create copy nodes, so we have to unpack the data.
--> 193                 param.data = fn(param.data)
    194                 if param._grad is not None:
    195                     param._grad.data = fn(param._grad.data)

/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/torch/nn/modules/module.py in convert(t)
    378         def convert(t):
--> 379             return t.to(device, dtype if t.is_floating_point() else None, non_blocking)
    381         return self._apply(convert)

RuntimeError: CUDA error: device-side assert triggered

Here is the link to the notebook- https://colab.research.google.com/drive/1iVg9-XxFlA-3aXBEReeSbZD9gF_7jsys

What could be the issue? The script is running without any issue on my laptop.

Could you try to export CUDA_LAUNCH_BLOCKING=1 in the environment of the colab notebook and run the code again to get a better stack trace?

I tried that. But the thing that worked is reducing the dimensions of the embeddings. I don’t know why? Colab should have been able to handle the oad of my original dimension setting.