How can I tell whether the output of one subgraph is the input to the next?

Hi everyone,

I’m trying to write a custom backend for pytorch 2.0 compile and I have a question. Say I have the following code:

class DoubleLinear(nn.Module):
        def __init__(self):
            super().__init__()
            self.l1 = nn.Linear(32, 32, bias=True)
            self.l2 = nn.Linear(32, 32, bias=False)

def forward(self, x1, x2):
            m1 = self.l1(x1)
            print (m1)
            m2 = self.l2(x2)

return m1 + m2, m1

This gets divided into two subgraphs:

pybuda/test/test_pt_2_0.py::test_torch opcode         name     target                   args            kwargs                         
-------------  -------  -----------------------  --------------  --------                                                              
placeholder    x1       x1                       ()              {}                                                                    
call_module    self_l1  self_l1                  (x1,)           {}                                                                    
call_function  add      <built-in function add>  (self_l1, 1.0)  {}                                                                    
output         output   output                   ((add,),)       {}       

and

opcode         name     target                   args           kwargs                                                                 
-------------  -------  -----------------------  -------------  --------                                                               
placeholder    x2       x2                       ()             {}                                                                     
placeholder    m1       m1                       ()             {}                                                                     
call_module    self_l2  self_l2                  (x2,)          {}                                                                                                                                                                                                            
call_function  add      <built-in function add>  (m1, self_l2)  {} 
output         output   output                   ((add,),)      {}   

How can I tell that input m1 in the second subgraph is the output of the first?