How do I get pytorch 1.9.0 through anaconda?

I really would like to get the last release of pytorch 1.9.0 (not sure if this is a nightly version). I need this in order to use the parametrizations library: Parametrizations Tutorial — PyTorch Tutorials 1.8.1+cu102 documentation

For some reason, I can not find a single command to do this. I have run
conda install -c pytorch pytorch-nightly -c conda-forge
but it fails.

Any help would be much appreciated!

1 Like

The install command if given here as:

conda install pytorch torchvision torchaudio cudatoolkit=10.2 -c pytorch-nightly
# or
conda install pytorch torchvision torchaudio cudatoolkit=11.1 -c pytorch-nightly -c nvidia

so you would need to change the pytorch and pytorch-nightly channel and package names.

Hi is there any specific reason version 1.9.0 is not available for installation in the previous version section? If I need to access that specific version is there a straight forward way to go?

Would specifying the version via conda install pytorch==1.9.0... work?

Sorry for my very late response. Thank you @ptrblck Yes, it works:

conda install -n test pytorch==1.9.0 torchvision torchaudio cudatoolkit=10.2 -c pytorch

However, I cannot understand why it is not listed in the previous versions section. Is there any specific reason or something?

Will this command also work? conda install -n test pytorch==1.9.0 torchvision torchaudio cudatoolkit=11.1 -c pytorch Actually, i need to install cuda11.1 with pytorch 1.9.0.