Installing Anaconda and Pytorch on Centos 6.9

I have machine with two GPU. But its operating system is Centos 6.9. Can I install Anaconda and Pytorch on this machine? Is the standard installation step of Pytorch using coda possible on Centos 6.9? Any help or directions would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Based on the anaconda docs CentOS 6+ seems to be supported.

1 Like

Thanks so much for pointing anaconda’s support for CentOS 6+. This is helpful. I looked at Pytorch’s documentation and website for installation https://pytorch.org/get-started/locally/ It seems that Pytorch requires CentOS 7.3+, at least for the standard installation method. Is there a way to install Pytorch on CentOS 6? Thanks!

I don’t know, as I’ve only tried to build it with CentOS7.
Where did you find the information about CentOS7.3+? I cannot find it in the linked page, but would assume it’s the minimal version if it’s on an official website (you might still get it to work in older version, but this might require some hacks).

1 Like

From the linked page, select ‘Linux’ in ‘Your OS’ row, then see Supported Linux Distributions. Any suggestions about how to find the hacks that would be required. Thanks!

1 Like

No suggestions, as I haven’t tried it.
I think you would need to try building it and see, if it’s working and if not how much work fixing the issues would be.
I would also suggest to use a docker container for it, as you can just nuke it afterwards, if you’ve messed up the system somehow.

1 Like

Thanks so much for your recommendation and help!