Is using @torch.no_grad() for a whole evaluate function a good idea?

Typically I use the with torch.no_grad() context in a evaluate function like the following example:

def evaluate(model: nn.Module, val_loader):
    model.eval()
    val_loss = 0
    correct = 0
    criterion = nn.BCEWithLogitsLoss()

with torch.no_grad():
        for images_1, images_2, targets in val_loader:
            images_1, images_2, targets = images_1.to(device), images_2.to(device), targets.to(device)

with autocast(enabled=True):
                outputs = model(images_1, images_2).squeeze()
                val_loss += criterion(outputs, targets).sum().item()  # sum up batch loss

pred = torch.where(outputs > 0.5, 1, 0)  # get the index of the max log-probability
            correct += pred.eq(targets.view_as(pred)).sum().item()

val_loss /= len(val_loader.dataset)
    print(f'Valid set: Loss: {val_loss:.4f}, Accuracy: {100.0 * correct / len(val_loader.dataset):.1f}%')

Now I know we can use the @torch.no_grad() decorator above a function to act like using with torch.no_grad() context at the beginning and for the all function body (ref: pytorch - What is the difference between '''@torch.no_grad()''' and '''with torch.no_grad()''' - Stack Overflow).

So, I want to know for the above typical example, will it have difference if I use @torch.no_grad() decorator to replace with torch.no_grad() context? That is, the whole function body is in no_grad mode including the model.eval() line and others.

My motivation is using @torch.no_grad() decorator to improve the readability (less indention in the function body).

They are analogous as far as I know. The context manager just address cases where you may want to exclude part of a fn.