[Meta] What can I do if I can't get support in this forum?

The question template of for an issue on PyTorch’s GitHub states that one should use this forum as a

primary mean[s] of support

Does this mean that the issue tracker the secondary mean of support?

• If yes, is there a rule of thumb which time has to pass before I “escalate” my question?
  • If no, what can I do if my question gets no attention here?

This just means, that the issue tracker is primarily for reporting bugs and stuff that is related to the development. There is such a huge amount of issues, that your question may not be noticed by the developers. Additionally questions can usually be answered by other users as well.

These users usually hang around in this forum, which makes it more likely to get an answer here :slight_smile:

@justusschock

the issue tracker is primarily for […] stuff that is related to the development. (emphasis mine)

Do you mean stuff that is related to development of PyTorch or does that include stuff that developers might ask while developing with PyTorch?

In my concrete case: I’m working on a framework that builds upon and thus deeply integrates torch. I need support with something that other users of PyTorch most likely cannot answer.

P.S. If you want to give it a shot, here is my original question :wink:

Most likely it’s a mixture of both :smiley: However, the devs might focus more on the stuff that is related to development of PyTorch.

PS: Regarding your question: I don’t have any idea :smiley: