Model stuck at high loss value after the first epochs

Hi I’m confused, I’m using pytorch for my project but my Model is not learning well. the loss start with a very high value (40000), then after the first 5-10 epochs the loss decrease rapidly to 6000-7000 and then it stuck there, no matter what I make. I tried even to change to skorch instead of pytorch so that I can use cross validation functionality but that also didn’t help. I tried different optimizers and added layers and neurons to the network but that didn’t help, it stuck at 6000 which is a very high loss value. I’m doing regression here, I have 10 features and I’m trying to predict one continuous value. that should be easy to do that’s why it is confusing me more.

here is my network:

class BearingNetwork(nn.Module):
def init(self, n_features=X.shape[1], n_out=1):
super().init()
self.model = nn.Sequential(

nn.Linear(n_features, 512), 
        nn.BatchNorm1d(512),
        nn.LeakyReLU(),
        nn.Linear(512, 64),
        nn.BatchNorm1d(64),
        nn.LeakyReLU(),
        nn.Linear(64, n_out),
    )

and here are my settings:

R2 = EpochScoring(r2_score, lower_is_better=False, name=‘R2’)
explained_var_score = EpochScoring(EVS, lower_is_better=False, name=‘EVS Metric’)
custom_score = make_scorer(RMSE) # making root mean squared error as a custom metric
rmse = EpochScoring(custom_score, lower_is_better=True, name=‘rmse’)

bearing_nn = NeuralNetRegressor(

BearingNetwork,
criterion=nn.MSELoss,
optimizer=optim.Adam,
optimizer__amsgrad=True, # I also tried Adam without the amsgrad
max_epochs=5000,
batch_size=128,
lr=0.001,
train_split=skorch.dataset.CVSplit(10),
callbacks=[R2, explained_var_score, rmse, Checkpoint(), EarlyStopping(patience=100)],
device=device

)

I also standardize the Input values. my Input have the shape:

torch.Size([39006, 10])

and shape of output is:

torch.Size([39006, 1])

I’m using 128 as my Batch_size but I also tried other values like 32, 64, 512 and even 1024. Although normalizing output is not necessary but I also tried that and It didn’t work when I predict values, the loss is high. Please someone help me on this, I would appreciate every helpful advice