Pywick - High-Level Training framework for Pytorch

Hi Pytorch community, please allow me to introduce you to Pywick - a high-level Pytorch training framework that aims to get you up and running quickly with state of the art neural networks for image classification and segmentation, optimizers (like SWA, AdamW), activation functions (swish/aria) etc. Does the world really need another Pytorch framework? Probably not. But I began working on this project about three years ago when no good frameworks were available and it just kept growing. So it probably doesn’t hurt to have another open-source framework out there.

The goal is to try to keep up with the state of the art in terms of models and various training enhancements so that you have something to play around with. Does SWA or Swish really guarantee you best results? Probably not… but it’s there in case you want to check it out.

Lastly, I just wanted to mention that I really can’t take credit for any of the cool stuff. I mostly assembled and cleaned up what other awesome people have already done. But that way you don’t need to do the dirty work and can just use it.

I really like its api consistency and completeness, and it really is a great framework. But its highly unmaintained, I can only find a single good tutorial example and while running it showed many errors!
Updating documentation is a must, otherwise its a great framework- its perfectly like keras + pytorch.

Thanks for the feedback! Providing updated examples is a big goal of mine. Keep in mind that the models and the framework itself are pretty well maintained – it’s just lacking good templates to get people started. Stay tuned - I’ll try to push a few out in the near future.

That’s true indeed.

Thanks