RecursionError: maximum recursion depth exceeded

Dear Concern,
Recently I have been trying to build an inception model. But it gives this error. Can anyone give me a solution? I really appreciate any help you can provide.

training_data = []

def create_training_data():
    for category in CATEGORIES_Train:  # do dogs and cats

path = os.path.join(DATADIR_Train,category)  # create path attack
        class_num = CATEGORIES_Train.index(category)  # get the classification  (0, 1,.... ).

for img in tqdm(os.listdir(path)):  # iterate over each image 
            try:
                img_array = cv2.imread(os.path.join(path,img))  # convert to array
                new_array = cv2.resize(img_array, (100, 100))  # resize to normalize data size
                new_array = np.transpose(new_array, (2, 0, 1))
                training_data.append([new_array, class_num])  # add this to our training_data
            except Exception as e:  # in the interest in keeping the output clean...
                pass
            #except OSError as e:
            #    print("OSErrroBad img most likely", e, os.path.join(path,img))
            #except Exception as e:
            #    print("general exception", e, os.path.join(path,img))

create_training_data()

print(len(training_data))

#############################################################

TRAIN_BATCH_SIZE = 64
VALID_BATCH_SIZE = 32
NUM_EPOCHS = 10
LEARNING_RATE = 1e-3
NUM_WORKERS = 0
PIN_MEMORY = False

train_loader = torch.utils.data.DataLoader(training_data, batch_size=TRAIN_BATCH_SIZE, shuffle=True, num_workers=NUM_WORKERS, pin_memory=PIN_MEMORY)
valid_loader = torch.utils.data.DataLoader(testing_data, batch_size=VALID_BATCH_SIZE, shuffle=True, num_workers=NUM_WORKERS, pin_memory=PIN_MEMORY)

model = InceptionV3().to(device)
start = time.time()
fit(model, train_loader, valid_loader, learning_rate=LEARNING_RATE, num_epochs=NUM_EPOCHS)
print(f'Total training time: {time.time() - start}')
model.load_state_dict(torch.load('Inception_Adam_T_Tesla_1.pth'))

Could you give us more information about which line of code is raising the issue and add missing pieces to the code snippet to make it executable, please?

1 Like

Thank you, I already got the solution.