RuntimeError: CUDA error: an illegal memory access was encountered (launch_kernel at C:/w/b/windows/pytorch/aten/src\ATen/native/cuda/CUDALoops.cuh:217)

I’m a student.
I gets errors when my model runs to code ‘loss.backward()’. I display the details of error.

ERROR 1:
File “F:/CODE/BHC/main.py”, line 175, in
p, r, f1 = main(configs, fold_id)
File “F:/CODE/BHC/main.py”, line 73, in main
loss.backward()
File “F:\Common_V\lib\site-packages\torch\tensor.py”, line 198, in backward
torch.autograd.backward(self, gradient, retain_graph, create_graph)
File “F:\Common_V\lib\site-packages\torch\autograd_init_.py”, line 100, in backward
allow_unreachable=True) # allow_unreachable flag
RuntimeError: CUDA error: an illegal memory access was encountered (launch_kernel at C:/w/b/windows/pytorch/aten/src\ATen/native/cuda/CUDALoops.cuh:217)
(no backtrace available)

ERROR 2:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “F:/CODE/BHC/main.py”, line 175, in
p, r, f1 = main(configs, fold_id)
File “F:/CODE/BHC/main.py”, line 73, in main
loss.backward()
File “F:\Common_V\lib\site-packages\torch\tensor.py”, line 198, in backward
torch.autograd.backward(self, gradient, retain_graph, create_graph)
File “F:\Common_V\lib\site-packages\torch\autograd_init_.py”, line 100, in backward
allow_unreachable=True) # allow_unreachable flag
RuntimeError: CUDA error: CUBLAS_STATUS_EXECUTION_FAILED when calling cublasSgemm( handle, opa, opb, m, n, k, &alpha, a, lda, b, ldb, &beta, c, ldc) (gemm at …\aten\src\ATen\cuda\CUDABlas.cpp:165)
(no backtrace available)

I set breakpoint at the line of ‘loss.backward()’ and find a problem that may led to occurrence of errors,

but i don’t know the reason.

additionally, i try to some ways to fix this bug, such as, set ‘torch.cuda.set_device(0)’ , set ‘torch.backends.cudnn.enabled=False’, or decrease the batch size, the batch size is one.
but all these ways don’t work.

I’m confused and sad, I hope somebody could help me. I will be very appreciated for your reply.

Could you rerun the script via:

CUDA_LAUNCH_BLOCKING=1 python script.py args

and post the complete stack trace here?
Also, which GPU, PyTorch, CUDA, and cudnn versions are you using?