RuntimeError: one of the variables needed for gradient computation has been modified by an inplace operation: [torch.cuda.FloatTensor [5, 1]], which is output 0 of TBackward, is at version 2; expected version 1 instead

Hi, I am getting the following error. I tried to solve it by setting inplace as False but still no solution. Thank you for your help.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
RuntimeError                              Traceback (most recent call last)
<ipython-input-19-274cc5d71acf> in <module>
      1 torch.autograd.set_detect_anomaly(True)
----> 2 run(ARGS)

<ipython-input-16-636128776031> in run(args)
     27     elif args.train:
---> 28         trainLoss,discLoss,gLoss, valLoss,discValLoss,gValLoss = run_epoch(args, model, discriminator)
     29         # return trainLoss,discLoss,gLoss, valLoss,discValLoss,gValLoss

<ipython-input-9-ff031d02de6a> in run_epoch(args, model, discriminator)
---> 86         ret_f, ret, disc = run_on_batch(model,discriminator,data,mask,decay,rdecay, args, optimizer,optimizer_d,epoch)#,bmi_norm)
     87         print(ret_f)
     88         RLoss=RLoss+ret['loss'].item()

~/Work/deep-learning-based-packet-imputation/BiGAN/biGan/bgan_i_ganOrig.ipynb in run_on_batch(model, discriminator, data, mask, decay, rdecay, args, optimizer, optimizer_d, epoch)

~/.local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/torch/tensor.py in backward(self, gradient, retain_graph, create_graph, inputs)
    243                 create_graph=create_graph,
    244                 inputs=inputs)
--> 245         torch.autograd.backward(self, gradient, retain_graph, create_graph, inputs=inputs)
    247     def register_hook(self, hook):

~/.local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/torch/autograd/__init__.py in backward(tensors, grad_tensors, retain_graph, create_graph, grad_variables, inputs)
    143         retain_graph = create_graph
--> 145     Variable._execution_engine.run_backward(
    146         tensors, grad_tensors_, retain_graph, create_graph, inputs,
    147         allow_unreachable=True, accumulate_grad=True)  # allow_unreachable flag

RuntimeError: one of the variables needed for gradient computation has been modified by an inplace operation: [torch.cuda.FloatTensor [5, 1]], which is output 0 of TBackward, is at version 2; expected version 1 instead. Hint: the backtrace further above shows the operation that failed to compute its gradient. The variable in question was changed in there or anywhere later. Good luck!

Hi,
Please post a minimum executable snippet that reproduces your error.

Hi, I am trying to reproduce this repo . I think it’s the best way where you can get an overview of the code. The error I am getting while running the main_ganOrigActivity.ipynb file with air quality dataset. Thanks.

Hello,
Have you been able to solve these problems?
I am also trying to reproduce same repo.