SOS! Errors! Can't even start building TorchAudio from source? Why!

I have a Kepler sm_30 graphic card, in order to use CUDA, I need to build PyTorch from source.

So I did. I installed CUDA 10.2 and cuDNN 7.6.5 on my Windows 7 Professional 64 bit OS, installed CMake, Ninja in the conda environment, along with Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2019.

Then I successfully have PyTorch 1.10.0 wheel built. Awesome!

Under the same conda environment, I then successfully built TorchVision 0.11.0 wheel. Great!

Finally, when I tried to build TorchAudio, errors occurred, and the build process couldn’t even start.

Below are the detailed screenshot of the build process. What can I do? Please please please help!

The error messages say you have issues with C++ / C compilers. C compiler is unknown.

Try Ubuntu first - Pytorch is well tested on it.

BTW, this discussion Category is for torch.compile and PyTorch 2.0 related compiler issues, not for Pytorch building issues.

Thanks for helping move this post from “compile” to the “audio” category.

Well, I still need some expert opinions here, as I only use Windows, and never use Linux or Ubuntu.

I am a musician, not a tech CEO.

Has anyone in this forum ever tried to build a torchaudio wheel on the Windows platform?

Need to enable MSVC tool chain so that cl command is recognized.

For MSVC 2019 it’s

call "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\VC\Auxiliary\Build\vcvarsall.bat" x64

See Building on Windows — Torchaudio 2.0.1 documentation