What are the advantages of using Python over a language like C++ for machine learning?

I recently started studying deep learning and other ML techniques, and I started searching for frameworks that simplify the process of build a net and training it, then I found TensorFlow, having little experience in the field, for me, it seems that speed is a big factor for making a big ML system even more if working with deep learning, so why python was chosen by Google to make TensorFlow? Wouldn’t it be better to make it over an language that can be compiled and not interpreted?

What are the advantages of using Python over a language like C++ for machine learning?

1 Like

I cannot comment of Tensorflow and I think their board or stackoverflow would be a better place to dig into this framework.

However, PyTorch uses C/C++/CUDA as the underlying functions.
Python is quite popular in the scientific community as it’s really easy to create your scripts using this language.
The heavy workload is performed by highly optimized code, so that you usually don’t have to worry about it.

Some core devs can give you definitely more insight on this topic.
Also. have a look at their paper.

2 Likes

Python is

• Easy to learn
  • More like a natural language
  • Code is very straightforward. You can look at just one python file and know where everything comes from. (unless the coder using import *)
2 Likes