PyTorch certification

Hi!
I would like to ask question about certifications. As far as i know there is such thing as tensorflow developer certification. Is there something like it for pytorch? Thanks.

2 Likes

Hi,

No there isnā€™t anything like this.
All the tutorials are available online if you want to look at them :slight_smile:
There is also a free Udacity course that seems related: https://www.udacity.com/course/deep-learning-pytorch--ud188

1 Like

Hi @albanD ,
a pytorch certification will be really coolā€¦
any upcoming plans ?

1 Like

Sorry, no plans at the moment. Can you describe what you would be looking to leverage this for? More for your CV to show expertise or something else?

4 Likes

Showing expertise would be very useful for me. Is there a different approach youā€™d recommend?

3 Likes

@jspisak
Same as tensorflow certification. Will be good on resume and also recruiters will have a much easy time hiring for pytorch experts as wellā€¦
Also i guess when a new certification opens upā€¦ alot more courses are created around it leading to more tutorials and easy for people to get started and be familiar with it.
I use pytorch heavily in projects and have used tensorflow as wellā€¦ i think this can help gamify the whole learning process betterā€¦

4 Likes

Same as most IT certificates,

1. make recruiting easier / quicker which encourages more companies and projects choose PyTorch over other frameworks.
  2. self-eval
1 Like

Ha, seems like quite a few people have had the same thought. Iā€™d be interested for two reasons:

• to showcase in CV as a validation (seems to matter to some people)
  • Very often an Organisation Iā€™ve worked for told me to get a certification (e.g., AWS) because it matters to clients who use that technology. I canā€™t imagine that being the case very often though.
1 Like

What kind of training volume did you have in mind? I have 1 and 2 day workshops for introductory level PyTorch, and specialized topics like low-level optimization, application areas (eg Recommender) etc. Iā€™m looking at making a consumer offering there.

1 Like

@jspisak
Sometimes recruiters are non technical and rely on certifications to evaluate candidates. When you donā€™t come from statistics/computer science, donā€™t have a Msc or PhD in the field these certifications provide opportunity. Recruiters donā€™t know the quality of non official certifications, thatā€™s why Udemy certifications arenā€™t enough

1 Like

Hey Folks,
I am actively investigating the cert and may reach out to folks to get feedback on the requirements. Let me know if anyone is interested to chat live on this topicā€¦

7 Likes

Hi @jspisak, I am definitely one of the folks that will be interested to get some sort of certification for PyTorch.

I believe ML/DL practitioners is coming from all kinds of educational backgrounds, it will be very useful to have some sort of ā€œexamā€ for people to strive for as part of their upskilling milestone.

2 Likes

Hi Everyone!

I created an account just to post this. I am in need of a PyTorch Certification. This would help my career in many ways! Iā€™ll keep an eye on this thread.

In the meantime, there is a related course by OpenCV:
https://courses.opencv.org/courses/course-v1:OpenCV+OpenCV-106+2019_T1/about

Thanks,
Drew

1 Like

Iā€™d love to have a certification available. It would be great to use something like that to make sure everyone on the team is at the same level of knowledge, and also to check my own skill for gaps. If youā€™re still collecting requirements, Iā€™d be down to chat.

2 Likes

Seems this thread has continued to have discussions about PyTorch Certificationā€¦ Iā€™d love to have one, too.

2 Likes

Interesting to see many people searching for such a certification. Adding my interest as well here.

2 Likes

Iā€™d also be interested in a PyTorch Developer Cert. I came across an advertisement for the TF Developer certification on LinkedIn, and the curiosity of a PyTorch equivalent led me here.

1 Like

looking to showcase proficiency in modern deep learning frameworks to recruiters and I am currently in progress towards the tensorflow certification.

as many have mentioned above, Iā€™m also interested in obtaining a similar equivalent certification showcasing proficiency in pytorch.

looking forward to seeing any updates on this topic!

2 Likes

Hey, just replying to reinforce the value of a certificate. I teach ML and DL courses to professionals. And we want to incorporate official certificates to all our courses because some guidelines of institutes expect that from professional courses. So we have no choice than to add this. At the moment we teach Deep Learning using TensorFlow and the option of a certificate is very lovely for us.

So yeah, certificates might be a meaningless indicator to us but outsiders put value into them because they donā€™t understand the field and want some trusted source to validate the skill.

2 Likes

Created an account to echo the sentiment of the past ~2 yearsā€™ worth of commenters above. Many in the community praise PyTorch as superior to TensorFlow but find that the TensorFlow cert incentivizes more to learn TensorFlow instead. Would love to see PyTorch respond with their own cert!

2 Likes