Tensor raw memory organization

Howdy!

I am developing models that are exported through ONNX and used by TensorRT. However, I am not observing the same results (not even similar) for the same images processed by the two executors (native pytorch and tensorrt). My first hunch was data loading and memory organization.

Goal:
I want to compare the memory fed into executors and be sure that different executors work over the same data.

The questions:
How is tensor organized in raw memory?
Where is up in the image loaded by torchvision.io.read_image or is origin in upper left corner or lower left corner?
How do I print out raw memory of tensor? One of the things I tried print(X.data_ptr().to_bytes(batchchannelsheightwidth(4 bytes per float), sys.byteorder)) however, I got a lot of \x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00… which seems incorrect

Note:
In TensorRT the memory is organized following:

• batch offset → w*h*c*i; where i is batch number
  • channel offset → batch offset + w*h*i; where i is channel index
  • row offset → channel offset + w*i; where i is image row index
  • data element (column element) → row offset + i; where i is element index
    Assuming that the pointer is of matching data type.
    Where w is width, h is height, c is number of channels, and origin of the image is in upper left corner.

By default PyTorch uses the channels-first layout as [batch_size, channels, height, width].
I’m not familiar with your use case, but wouldn’t the torch_tensorrt module work?